The Maryland Coalition for Gifted and Talented Education (MCGATE) has supported excellence and equity in gifted education for over four decades. This means working to ensure and increase access to opportunities for ALL gifted children in order to fully develop their unique talents. Our NEXT GENERATION SEED Initiatives continue this mission, targeting the goal of developing diverse leadership in gifted education for the next 40 years.
We’ve created the NEXT GENERATION SEED initiatives to “grow” equity and excellence in gifted education by “seeding” more opportunities for educators and families of gifted children, including those who are culturally, linguistically, and economically diverse (CLED).
We invite you to participate in our mission by making a donation toward supporting our NEXT GENERATION SEED initiatives (see below).
We will keep you informed through our newsletter how these “seeds” have been planted and are growing equitable and excellent gifted education in Maryland.
MCGATE is a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization and all donations are tax deductible. Donate today through MCGATE'S PayPal Charity site or mail your donation to MCGATE, 609 Edgevale Road, Baltimore, Maryland 21210.
Thank you for supporting “equity in excellence” for the NEXT GENERATION! Please give any amount you can toward this year’s SEED Initiatives.
1. SEEDING OPPORTUNITIES FOR PARENTS OF GIFTED CHILDREN/PARENT ADVOCATES
• $59 supports a Parent Membership to the National Association for Gifted Children (NAGC) (includes Parenting for High Potential journal and discounts on all products and services.
• $345 supports (1) full or (2) partial scholarships for parents to attend the NAGC Annual Conference OR the NAGC Advocacy and Leadership conference.
2. SEEDING OPPORTUNITIES FOR EDUCATORS OF GIFTED CHILDREN
• $25 supports a one-year MCGATE membership for one Title I school teacher or parent which provides access to free monthly webinars with gifted education experts and other resources.
• $160 supports a MCGATE Title I school organizational membership with two free parent memberships and provides access to free monthly webinars with gifted education experts and other resources.