Maryland Coalition for Gifted and Talented Education
We are a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization and an affiliate of the National Association for Gifted Children.
Contact us at info(at)mcgate.org
Our Vision is that all of Maryland's diverse gifted and talented children and youth are supported, valued, and nurtured at home, in their learning environments, and in their communities. It is our belief that every student should experience the joy of learning something new each day.
To educate about and advocate for the needs of gifted and talented individuals in Maryland. To achieve this mission, MCGATE has identified the following goals:
- To advocate for an appropriate education and services to meet the needs of diverse gifted and talented learners throughout the state of Maryland.
- To educate families, caregivers, and the community about the needs of the gifted and talented.
- To support local associations dedicated to the interests of the gifted and talented.
- To inform local, state, and other public and private institutions about the needs of gifted and talented individuals.
- To promote advocacy and action at local, state, and national levels.
- To facilitate a statewide communications network to implement these goals.
Click here to review our current Bylaws.